EkoRural helps people help themselves. We strengthen local leadership, community agency and the organizational capacity of women and men as well as children. We support locally-led models of sustained change that allow people to improve their lives. We strive for stronger communities that produce more food, generate more income, improve their health and regenerate landscapes. On these pages you can learn more about our work and our organization.
EkoRural is dedicated to help people help themselves. Through strengthening local leadership, community agency and organizational capacity
EkoRural is a local NGO in Ecuador and a member of the global partnership organization Groundswell International.
The communities with whom EkoRural works are located in fragile and degraded mountain ecosystems.
A team committed to achieving results.
Take a look of the path we made.
Our initiatives are structured around five central themes.
EkoRural works in alliance with a wide range of other institutions and networks, both within Ecuador and internationally.
- EkoRural aims to strengthen development processes in the Central and Northern Sierra of Ecuador.
- Working directly with the communities.
- Diversified modalities.
Ekorural concerns about
- Climate change.
- Genetic erosion.
- Local food systems improvements.
- Soil degradation in the Andes of Ecuador.
- With a unique focus on people development, we work in the areas of sustainable agriculture and local food systems.